what is going on...

aguirre

In the Brooder
12 Years
Oct 30, 2007
I have four chicks out and all have come one at a time...as each breaks out the others are nipping it and pecking it,,,jumping on it...what is going on/// I still have eight to go and not sure what to do, any suggestions ...please

Sounds perfectly normal to me. Hatching can be a chickie-party sometimes, with them bowling around the eggs that haven't hatched yet. The ones pecking the pipped eggs seem like they're lending moral support, LOL.

I'm having a hoot , but gets scary sometimes
In looking at my other eggs...the membrane that i can see looks very white...dry...my humidity is fine...is that going to be a problem for the little ones...three have not pipped yet is that ok?

The membrane right near the pip may be white and dry but the rest of it should be fine as long as your humidity is high enough. Whenever I have a chick that is stuck in the shell it usually becomes evident by the pip getting bigger and bigger, over and over, instead of the chick turning in the shell like it should to zip out. That is the only time I help. Chicks can take a day or so to hatch AFTER pipping.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom