WHAT IS GOING ON.....???

Sengge

Chirping
6 Years
Oct 7, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
I BOUGHT 3 PULLETS AND SELLER CLAIMED THEM TO BE POLISH MIX, WELSUMMER AND BLACK TAILED BUFF MARANS....AND NOW THEY ARE LAYING EGGS AND GUESS WHAT, THEY ARE ALL LAYING PINKISH BROWN EGGS.....SO WHERE ARE MY WHITE OR CHOCOLATE BROWN EGGS?

Pictures of the birds?

And could you turn your caps lock off? Makes it hard to read when you feel you're being shouted at
wink.png

~~Hi Donrae Here are the pics.

Welsummer has yellow legs and single comb. Expected chocolate brown eggs, and got pink one today, her first egg

With crest and vaulted head, this polish mix has white feet and very small single comb, feathered legs (mix of brahma or marans) - expected white eggs, but getting pink brown since two weeks

Black tailed buff marans, feathered legs, white legs, single comb, expected chocolate brown but had her first egg today which was pink brown...

Most welsummers don't lay a chocolate egg, it should be terracotta colored, but one would have to get from a good breeder for that from what I understand.

The polish/ marans (single comb) probably wont lay the white egg, so pink sounds right. I have polish who lay blue eggs
tongue.png

I don't know if the buff marans are like the cuckoo (were most don't lay a dark egg) but I know that the breeder flock should lay a #4 or darker egg (marans egg color chart) consistently to be truly considered marans. Alot don't actually care about this little fact (hatcheries for example) I know my mom won't even keep a marans hen who lays a #4 consistently, she chooses the darker egg layers.

But it looks like you have 3 nice young egg layers to lay you eggs through winter.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom