What is happening here? Fowl Pox?! Foot infection, probably NOT bumbleoot

I do have some wierd spots with the wire mesh I can double back on and see if that’s what he’s getting cut on. Otherwise I had some bantam cohin roos that were causing chaos
Any other roosters have cuts/injuries to toes/feet?

Looks like he may have injuries from fence fighting which is from kicking/fighting through fencing. This will cut toes/feet, break nails (and toes!).
Treat as injury as suggested. Soaking in Chlorhexidine would be good. Then pat dry.
Apply a very thin coat of triple antibiotic ointment to just the wounds. Cover with nonstick pad, then wrap toes all the way up to the spur or past it.
Change daily! If the foot starts to look "soggy" or mushy - hard to explain but you'll notice, then stop using triple antibiotic ointment. Soak, pat dry really well. Chlorhexidine will leave a residue. Leave him on clean dry bedding to let the skin/tissue dry out a bit, but wrap before he roosts. Repeat that line of treatment for a few days and see how it goes.
Very possible he may lose toes. Infection is the worry, so if it worsens any more, then I'd start him on an antibiotic.

I would continue soaking his feet once a day, and apply either antibiotic ointment or Betadine. I’m not sure if a dressing would be of benefit or if you could keep it on.

Back
Top Bottom