What is happening!? (Pecking?/sick??)

Is she being plucked... Or is it moulting?

• Moulting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plucked

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Other...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It could be the start of moulting.
Is it usual for only one of three of my chickens to be like this? Does it change if I mention all three of their tail feathers are missing? I thought maybe they had vent gleet but I gave them yogurt and it didn't change so I figured it was normal

(EDIT: I guess tail feathers was poor choice in words... I guess... Butt feathers better fits it?)

Also they will not molt at exactly the same time but with the weather changing soon it is going to happen if they are over a year. I also didn't see those shots of her underside. She doesn't look raw on her backside, so I don't think she is chaffing. I have a girl who rubs against the hardware cloth to see everything, and her chest went bare and red for a while.

Also they will not molt at exactly the same time but with the weather changing soon it is going to happen if they are over a year. I also didn't see those shots of her underside. She doesn't look raw on her backside, so I don't think she is chaffing. I have a girl who rubs against the hardware cloth to see everything, and her chest went bare and red for a while.
Would it be helpful to post pictures of their backside? They're all pretty red and featherless but I started to think maybe they just wouldn't come back after they were gone

Have you checked for lice and mites? Where does she roost? There might be a few things going on. Usually with a molt, you will see pin feathers, I don't see them emerging.

Back
Top Bottom