What is he doing?

sticksoup

Songster
10 Years
Feb 23, 2009
Bradenton
My Pekin Drake is a menance. Oh sure, he's cute and everything but I don't get him. Specifically, he goes after me. If he sees me come out of the house while he is out on the pond, he will swim as fast as he can and b-line straight for me. When he catches up to me and sees me looking at him he stops and sort of pretends he wasn't really interested in me after all. Then as soon as I turn my back and walk away I hear his furious running at my heels. A couple times he has "pecked" me (not very threatening- mostly just poking that duck bill at me... sometimes it's kind of wet so I guess it's distracting) but usually as soon as I confront him he pretends he isn't interested in what I'm doing. I feel like I'm constantly playing "red light- green light" with him. My DH thinks he's after treats, but I think he just wants to chase me. He only does this with me. Sometimes I wonder- could he be in love with my white crocs?

One of my call ducks will do this whenever I turn my back. He hisses a little and takes a few steps after me, but when I turn around he will act like he wasn't acting all tough!

Uh-Oh Dances With Ducks- I hope he doesn't start trying to clamp my neck and pin me down.
lol.png

Uh-Oh Dances With Ducks- I hope he doesn't start trying to clamp my neck and pin me down.
lol.png

He probably would if he wasn't a big Pekin who can't fly up on your back!!

Seriously my little runner would PULL MY HAIR whenever I bent down to pick something up!
(Pulling someone's hair when you have a crush on them is so second grade!)
lol.png

ooooh sigh... that's a good one.
lol.png

...and it's funny because I thought she was saying she was gonna be dancing with ducks and then I realized it was your byc name.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom