What is it about peaple, don't all chickens lay eggs??

MakNat

Songster
11 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Ky
I trying to sell mixed laying hens. I pretty much know what they are mixed with as they are all breed here. I make sure there is NO inbreeding. But they are mixed. EE, Leghorn and Cochins. All big pretty birds and crossed up even prettier and great layers. People call, I tell them exactly what you just read, they come out... That is where the aggrevation starts. They try and tell me different, thats not what they are or ACT like I told them I had purebreds. I ask them what they want them for and they say eggs... It urks me to no end. For the $$ I sell them for they should not be acting like I wasted their time by telling them to drive out and take a look. All of them are laying at the time of sell, healthy, beautiful. I have had people call me back and tell me how good they are doing and they love them. But I just don't get people. I mean, don't all chickens lay eggs???

While I've met a lot of great people in my life, the worst thing about dealing with people is dealing with SOME people. Some people tend to hear only what they want to hear and seem to go to great lengths to misinterpret what you say. And sometimes what you say can sound different than you intend. For example, if you say you have mixed EE, Leghorn and Cochins, some people might think you have a mix of purebred EE, Leghorn and Cochins. Maybe if you said cross-bred instead mixed, it would be clearer. Just a thought.

Nope, all chickens DO NOT LAY EGGS....take roosters, for example...
big_smile.png

Last edited:
All chickens lay eggs, but not all lay as well. Are your birds mixed breed to increase their egg productivity? If so how did you come to this choice of mixes?

Quote:
Ha Ha!! I knew some one would catch that!!!

No thats just the breeds that I have personally and enjoy and when I just let them go and do their thing they hatched out nice, petty birds that grew up to be good layers of different colored eggs. Them when we had way to many, I started to sell them.. I agree with the 'some' people.. I've met alot of really nice people too. But some of them, gaw-lee!!!

Wording it differently is a good idea too, thanks!!

Ugh. People can be so aggrivating. People can be so wonderful. Everyone is so different from the next, some honest, some dishonest, some blissfully ignorant, others annoyingly "knowledgeable." Some people think if they look something up on the internet, they are instantly experts on the subject. Others are told things by friends or they overhear something being said and they retain what they want from the conversation. Oh well. At least some people make it worth it
lol.png

Quote:
lol, I told my 11 year old that it's like a human woman has her period every month, chickens lay eggs periodically just like a woman ovulates every month.

Back
Top Bottom