??? What is it? LG Green Caterpillar ???

Here is a picture of a tomato horn worm..

33115_m1224-3-lg.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
I'm thinking swallowtail as well. We had a bunch on our parsley, but I don't think any made it to cacoon. (I know that isn't the right word, but I can't spell the right word
hmm.png
)

looks like I can't spell the other word either....

Last edited:
Quote:
That was my first reaction, too.

Quote:
Why would you squish something you didn't know, when it could turn into something beautiful? Moths for the most part are harmless, and some are absolutely exquisite. Like this.

Quote:
That was my first reaction, too.

Quote:
Why would you squish something you didn't know, when it could turn into something beautiful? Moths for the most part are harmless, and some are absolutely exquisite. Like this.

sorry its my jerk reaction I have been organic gardening for years and dont tolerate caterpiliars. they just do way too much damage, now if it was a buterfly i would reconsider but I have seen many of these things on gardening forums and although I cant remember what it is I am possitive it is nothing worth keeping. Sorry did not mean to offend.

If it was a Tomato hornworm then it would have turned into a moth.
Here is anouther picture of a Tomato hornworm.

And her is the moth..

Chris

Quote:
It was on the sidewalk ... So no help their ...lol

insiderart wrote:

I think maybe a spicebush swallowtail or something related.

I think we are getting close.
wink.png

AHappychick wrote:

I hope you squished it those things are never good and I am pretty sure it is not a butterfly.

Well the Chicken ate it! before I could get a picture ... so no squishing took place ..lol​

No offense taken! I have hornworms, too, but they're covered with white cocoons. Parasitic wasps take care of them. I'm an organic gardener, too. I love the sphinx moths, the little bit of damage the caterpillars do is fine by me when I see the moths flitting around in the flowers.

Back
Top Bottom