What is killing my chickens?

Weasels can easily tote off a chicken. So can coons and possums but they will generally only waste enough energy to drag it to where they feel secure and then gorge on it. Foxes and bobcats drag birds off. Dogs and cats is a toss up. Most of the time they kill just because the birds run and once that is over they loose interest.

They sure would!
They may be small but they are balls of muscle. They can drag a full grown rabbit through long grass no problem.
Yes ive been properly and fully chastised.😅 I was thinking "carried off" not dragged, but all the feathers left behind possibly signified the birds were dragged not carried. Still leaning towards fox being the culprit, but would only bet monopoly money not legal tender!

The main thing is that the op identifies & protects their poultry before any more are lost. I will be watching this thread for updates while keeping my mouth shut. 🤐😁

Had a coyote take one of my ladies mid day last Saturday with me and my husband outside. It was gone in the blink of an eye, nothing but a trail of feathers. He came back the next morning and I shot him, he took off but hasn't been back

Attachments

• 20210703_185324.jpg
    20210703_185324.jpg
    883.3 KB · Views: 18

Back
Top Bottom