What is my ducky?

Buttercup2015

In the Brooder
Apr 17, 2015
I recently got a duck. I have no Idea what it is. I was wondering(hoping) someone could tell me what it is.

(I guessed she is a girl. She could easily be a he.)

She was really mangled when I got her. a dog or other animal got a hold of her, broke her leg and pulled out so many feathers on her left wing. With a little T.L.C. she is slowly healing, but she will have a limp for the rest of her life. She eats, drinks, and plays just fine. I let her swim in the bath for 15+ min daily. Recently she has been pinching and wriggling my fingers. (Strange question) Is she hungry?(Part of me thinks she is trying to eat me.) Is this good? Bad? I don't know how to feel about this.

But the main point of this post is asking you guys to tell me the breed and gender of my duck.

I recently got a duck. I have no Idea what it is. I was wondering(hoping) someone could tell me what it is. (I guessed she is a girl. She could easily be a he.) She was really mangled when I got her. a dog or other animal got a hold of her, broke her leg and pulled out so many feathers on her left wing. With a little T.L.C. she is slowly healing, but she will have a limp for the rest of her life. She eats, drinks, and plays just fine. I let her swim in the bath for 15+ min daily. Recently she has been pinching and wriggling my fingers. (Strange question) Is she hungry?(Part of me thinks she is trying to eat me.) Is this good? Bad? I don't know how to feel about this. But the main point of this post is asking you guys to tell me the breed and gender of my duck.
With the red around its beak I would say Muscovy. Does it quack or is it a more silent hiss? I can't tell gender without the drake feather or by quack so I'm no help there. I believe that the finger nibbling is normal.

Oh okay. She coo's like a pigeon and occasionally whines. When she does quack its more of a squeak. Thank you for your reply. it was very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom