What is my hen doing??

Abetheroo

Chirping
Aug 29, 2020
I have a 4 month old sex link hen that acts like it's dead. I found her laying in yard and walked up to her, her feathers were ruffled looking, laying in grass on her side with her feet straight out. I was like oh you poor baby what happened to you?! I was going to pick her up and she jumps up and walks off. My husband told me he has found her like that before a couple of times. I don't know if she really has something wrong with her or it's just a quirk with her. None of my other chicks do this.

I have a 4 month old sex link hen that acts like it's dead. I found her laying in yard and walked up to her, her feathers were ruffled looking, laying in grass on her side with her feet straight out. I was like oh you poor baby what happened to you?! I was going to pick her up and she jumps up and walks off. My husband told me he has found her like that before a couple of times. I don't know if she really has something wrong with her or it's just a quirk with her. None of my other chicks do this.
my chickens do the same.. they are perfectly healthy

20210715_101618_resized.jpg
20210704_151356_resized.jpg
20210606_104435_resized.jpg

My chickens love to Sun bathe until they get too hot, then head for a shady spot. GC

Mine was in the shade. That's just so funny to me. 🤷‍♀️ my other girls don't do this I have 5 girls that are a year old. They all take dirt bath I've seen them doing that. They have dug holes all over my yard.

Back
Top Bottom