What is my RIR crossed with?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cluckcrowchooks, Jun 1, 2016.

1. cluckcrowchooks

cluckcrowchooks New Egg

Jun 1, 2016
    I have a 20 ish week RIR cross named Frenchy. I got her from TSC they said she was a Colombian rock RIR mix, I did some research about Columbian Rock's they are white and black. Frenchy is a Brown/ dark red color with " burnt spots " or big speckles on her wings. Nothing close to a Columbian! I need help what could she be?!

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC - it would be helpful if you would take and post a photo of the bird so that we can see her. TSC generally sells hatchery sourced birds, so the only "mixes" that would come into play would be sex links (which if the RIR is the male and the Columbian Rock was the female, this would be a red sex link) and Easter Eggers (sometimes sold as Ameraucana by hatcheries/retail stores).

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    please post photo

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

sounds like she's a sex link. If the father was the Colombian Rock and the mother was the RIR, then the female offspring would be red/gold and the males silver. I'd expect the females to have a red Colombian type marking, with a dark or black collar and tail.

If you post a pic we can confirm.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by