What is my roo?

That pic looks just like him...the green was what threw me off so thanks for clarifying!!! I think we have a winner yall lol FINALLY! I can't thank you enough it was driving me insane!
big_smile.png

Can you mix a Columbian with anything to get a special chick from it or pretty much just breed with itself? Can he breed with my red sex link? Sorry for so many questions...still trying to figure all this stuff out!

Last edited:
He's a Columbian Rock non-typical to the breed though because of the rusty red bleeding through. I think its referred to as being brassy.

A lot of hatchery Col. Rocks and Delawares are like this from the hatcheries. They will cross them(Columbian males) with a red type hen, i.e. RIReds or NHs to cheat to keep up with the order demands for these types of chickens so therfore you get the off non- typical color pattern like the roo in question.

He's still a pretty boy though I just love the feather patterns on columbian and Delaware birds. Pretty white with a little black thrown in so they aren't a solid white color.

catdaddyfro

TheFarmMamma sure you can bred him to the sex-link girls, will make some very interresting combos. My bet is you'll have a lot of whites in the mix and should be pretty good brown egg layers. I'd be interrested in seeing some results from this type cross.

Last edited:
Bullies for sure!!! Samson is just evil to my other babies. Angel is a Columbian as well but fortunately he's not nearly as mean tempered as Sammy is.

He looks to be a Sex-linked..
I would say a Columbian Rock/ Rhode Island Red. That should give you the Columbian pattern with the Red color bleeding through in the wings..
The Columbian Rock and Rhode Island Red carry the Columbian ('Co') Gene.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom