What is my roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CuriousChicken, Sep 30, 2010.

1. CuriousChicken

CuriousChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    I was wondering what the heck he is, I thought he was a Booted Bearded Mille Fleur with a little something thrown in. Now I'm thinking it a lot something else because he's buff and black... no white on his body, theres a little white on his wings but thats it not to mention no beard. On the property we have lots of Mille Fleurs, there are also some red, black and partridge bantams with a couple of Dutch booted bantams thrown in. Here are some pictures of my roo to help.

[​IMG]
    The only good shot of his face.

[​IMG]
    top of his wing.

[​IMG]
    underside of his wing.

[​IMG]
    him and his fuzzy feet.

2. Kenshan1

Kenshan1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2010
    Bonney Lake, WA
    I am still new to chickens but I'm not seeing saddle feathers. Are you sure it is a Roo? Looks super friendly though. I wish one of my chicks would be that friendly.

Shannon

3. CuriousChicken

CuriousChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Ohh he's a roo. 6 months old, crowing and chasing the ladies when I take him for out side time. He's only this friendly because he's and only child as it were and I rescued him, Chicken-Butt lives in the house in a bird cage. Well when he's not on his perch, in my lap or having out side time.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Looks like a D'uccle X game to me.

5. V Comb

V Comb Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks Nankin-ish to me. Probably not.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by