What is my rooster doing?

Jun 24, 2020
Wisconsin
I have to ask because my rooster is doing the goofiest thing. He's going by a wall, scrunching down with his rear end up in the air, making noises for the hens. Is he trying to give them a hint or has he lost his mind?? He only does this by a wall or a corner, this behavior has me scratching my head in confusion.

I have to ask because my rooster is doing the goofiest thing. He's going by a wall, scrunching down with his rear end up in the air, making noises for the hens. Is he trying to give them a hint or has he lost his mind?? He only does this by a wall or a corner, this behavior has me scratching my head in confusion.
Hi there, welcome to BYC! :frow

How old and what breed is your rooster?

Roosters do some of the most amazing things when we're lucky enough to observe them! One of my boys helps the ladies search out new nesting sites. :he

I wonder if you can capture this behavior and upload the video to youtube or other hosting service, then link here?? :pop

You think it's because I ended up with two roosters and he's not the dominant one? I actually don't know who is the dominant, they get along really well together and work as a team to keep the girls safe. It's amazing and gives me some pride in my boys...lol

Hi there, welcome to BYC! :frow

How old and what breed is your rooster?

Roosters do some of the most amazing things when we're lucky enough to observe them! One of my boys helps the ladies search out new nesting sites. :he

I wonder if you can capture this behavior and upload the video to youtube or other hosting service, then link here?? :pop
I will try... It is the cutest thing.

I agree! He is definitely calling them over because he found an amazing spot with some fake good treats to mate with them. With the wall, the ladies can't run in that direction to get away.
My girls will look at the rooster and I swear they are chuckling, and they won't go over. So much flirting!!!

Back
Top Bottom