what is my rooster? leghorn or...?

cream puff

Songster
9 Years
Jul 20, 2014

can anyone tell me what he is? He's a really good rooster, takes good care of his hens (he was going to be dinner) he has selected 5 hens who follow him faithfully and he feeds them, breaks off pieces of bread and clucks for them to eat. I'm keeping him because he's such a good roo. I thought he was a leghorn?

I thought Orpingtons were big? Around the size of an Australorp? He's half the size of my Ausies.

Where did he come from? How old is he?

I agree the white skin points to Orpington, but the body shape is off for that breed. and depending on age, he should be larger....

He's not a Leghorn, though. they have yellow skin/legs, enamel white earlobes and are lighter bodied.

I agree the white skin points to Orpington, but the body shape is off for that breed. and depending on age, he should be larger....

He's not a Leghorn, though. they have yellow skin/legs, enamel white earlobes and are lighter bodied.

He's about 8 months old, no spurs yet, he might be a mix but I'm not sure of what, he was given to me.

X2 on donrae's post.

Back
Top Bottom