What is my rooster?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bean, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Bean

Bean Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2008
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    My rooster Kung pao is almost 4months old now and I am wondering what kind he is? I was told Americauna but from all the americauna pictures I have found his color looks nothing like any of them. He has those weird tuffs o whatever by his ears if that helps at all! I bought five chicks from this woman I know and She wasn't sure what they all were, So it was a waiting game until they got old enough to start to show what they were going to turn into!
    [​IMG]

2. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    Just probably an Easter Egger, they can come in ANY color or variety. Only the actual breed Ameraucana comes in only certain colors.

3. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    I think he is an EE, very nice roo [​IMG]

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    He's an EE. [​IMG]

5. Easter_pink_silkies

Easter_pink_silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    no one but a breeder could be completly sure. in another month with proper care his ear muffs will grow out (or not) and youll know for sure. dont worry. im in the same boat, but i know mine are some kind of game bantys...

6. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    easter eggers which is a cross bred or generic Ameraucana they are just as nice just not showable in most places i love our and ill tell u we have a bunch and [​IMG]:welcome

7. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    He is a very handsome EE. His color is going to change some more..just wait until after his first year moult. He is going to be quite a looker.

Even the best intentioned people are misinformed..sorry this person gave you misinformation. Probably due to the same misinformation they were provided when they bought their birds. I have dear friends who still call their EEs as Araucana, even though I told them they're not and showed them the difference. They have been calling these birds Araucana for 9 years..why stop now. lol

Jody

8. Bean

Bean Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2008
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Honesly, I don't really care what he is! He is gorgeous either way and is an awesome rooster! He chased a baby skunk away today(it wasn't even in the yard, it was on the other side of the electric fence), and man can that bird fly!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by