What is on the egg?

Rorie

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 1, 2012
Found these round balls on the egg today.....what is it? Anythign to worry about? The other egg is a normal one. the colours do change obviously, but the one with the 'extra bits' is very light in colour....

That was my assumption, but good to check. Thanks for the replies!

That's so funny, I had an egg like that for the first time today too, and was wondering what it was. Thanks everyone!

Hi, I'm a chicken newbie... So if everyone agrees that extra calcium is the cause for the bumps on eggs (which I believe is the bumpy, sandpapery stuff at the bottom of our egg here as well), but on top of that, does anyone know what the darker discoloration is on my Ameraucana's egg is about?? She's just started laying perfectly normal eggs last week and this is the first odd one of the bunch...

P.S. She eats crumble, is free range during the day and seems in perfect health. Oh and I don't know how old she is since we adopted her full grown...

Not a big deal just a variant in the paint shop were as you adopted her it could be her way of doing things.Could be any number of factors why this happens but none a risk to her health. I have a red sex link that makes no 2 eggs alike. We call her the artist and at 3 years old don't think she will lay a one color egg ever. There are always at least 2 toned or flashed and different color spots, sometimes brown or purple or both. There are even runs in the paint on some. She has been one of my best layers even at 3 I am still getting 3/4 and sometimes 5 a week from her. That's why I spoil her or does she lay because she is spoiled? Either way it is a win for me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom