What is quietest breed? Please help.

My wyandottes dont make very loud noises but they do chatter. I only have 5 so it isnt too bad but live in the city with neighbors about 20 yards away. My girls only make a bunch of noise if they dont get to free range very long or right after they lay. My neighbors actually LIKE the sounds they make. I would check the laws and make sure the coop looks nice. Keep us posted!

Thank you all for great advices. I think BYC community are the nicest people on earth. The city I live in has no restrictions on the chickens at all, HOA however states NO poultry, but birds dogs cats and fish are allowed as pets. Well my hens are my pets and they are birds, after all they all have names, our small community is not too strict, as long as it doesnt get out of control, I've been carefull and proactive trying not to push the envelope too far, I will talk to my new neighbour here in a couple of days and get the feel for it, if they eat eggs I'll offer some here and there and see where it goes. You can see my coop design on my page I think it is very nicely done and doesnt stick out like sore thumb.

Back
Top Bottom