What is reasonable time to let the rooster outside?

That nebour most be just sitting outside waiting for the cock to crow dont put him in a box trow it nto your neibhours window (only joking) She gota get over it.he is not going to wake her up.She is just wasting your time she will get over it eventually and how do people sleep on busy roads they get used to the noise she can do the same. :D (Dont put him in a box)

how many hens do you have to that ratio of roos'?  I have some 11 week old babies that I think out of the 8--6 are roos.  not positive yet but leaning heavily.  I have one sussex roo right now to 8 hens and would like to have a back up roo or 2.....(he is the father to the babies)
. Right now I have about 30 hens and five roo's,is your Sussex a light or speckled I have a beautiful and very friendly light Sussex and 2 speckled hens.

Well how early does her gardener start to make noise? Blowing leaves, mowing, edging? I think you can do the same hours. For instance not before 8 am but respect quiet time at 11. She will complain no matter what I think. You might get some outdoor speakers and play some music. There was a vet discussing an operation to quiet a rooster - if you search it you might find it. I would fence your chicken run so that they don't get onto her property and hopefully that will keep her complaints to just noise and not get animal control on you if they leave your place.

Caroline

Back
Top Bottom