What is she?(pic)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bambi, Feb 27, 2011.

1. bambi

bambi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Mo.
    I posted this on the barnevelder thread and didn't get a response so I am asking for your thoughts what breed is she. She is very small about the size of a crow. She has the markings of a barnevelder and that was what I was told she was when I purchased her. Her feet are not yellow they are dark. She is a sweet heart but I don't like calling her something she is not so please help ID this girl for me. Here is a picture of munchcan.[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Sumatra55

Sumatra55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    I would imagine she is a poor quality barnevelder due to the small head and colored legs or at least a barnevelder cross ??

3. bambi

Apr 7, 2010
    Mo.
    I agree she is not of good quality. I am really questioning if she is not a cross breed. Anyone else know? Sumatra thank you for answering my post and I do agree with you.

4. bantamsrmyfav

bantamsrmyfav Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    She might be a bantam cross. Are her eggs the right color for a Barnevelder?

5. bambi

Apr 7, 2010
    Mo.
    She is about 21 wks old and started the squatting a few days ago plus she is showing interest in the nest box I thought for sure she was going to lay today but she left the nest after a couple of hours. Do you know the average time frame they start laying? I thought this is to soon

6. bantamsrmyfav

bantamsrmyfav Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    I've heard anywhere from 16 to 22 weeks, so it sounds about the right time to me. Hopefully she'll lay soon to help us uncover the mystery. [​IMG]

7. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Maybe shes a bantam cornish? what kind of comb does she have?

8. Sumatra55

Sumatra55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    the range for non-leghorn/laying type chickens is more 22-26 weeks [​IMG]

9. bambi

Apr 7, 2010
    Mo.
    Farmerchef, she has a single comb with 5 points. Her comb is small but so is she about the size of a crow. I will post pics of her eggs as soon as she lays one. She has started the squatting and is interested in the nest.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by