What is she?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HenPecked_bychildren, Jun 11, 2010.

1. HenPecked_bychildren

HenPecked_bychildren Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    SW Florida
    She is about 18 weeks, really small. Like our 21 week old BR and BO are HUGE compared to her, but she is a tad bigger than my bantams. You can see in the picture she is smaller than my EE who are 16 weeks old.

Here is a link with previous pics of her. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=303079 I thought maybe now that she is older people could tell what she might be. Funny we thought she was a he for a LONG time. She was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ugly. We named her Stew Pot and that is still what we call her even though she has a place with us now as long as she lays. lol.
    In this one you can see her tiny little deformed extra toe.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    She looks a bit like a Leghorn or a White Rock to me. [​IMG]

Is she laying yet?

3. Iluvmypeeps

Iluvmypeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Arizona
    She's a white rock. [​IMG]

Congratulations, they're great birds!

4. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    She looks exactly like my white leghorn (minus the extra toe).

I asked to double check that my cockerels were leghorns today, and it was confirmed. "Clover" is their nestmate.

5. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

That extra toe is just a genetic oops, resulting in an extra toenail. I don't believe she has any of the 5 toes breeds mixed in with her. I'm going to say she's a leghorn.

6. HenPecked_bychildren

HenPecked_bychildren Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    SW Florida
    No not laying yet. Leghorns lay white eggs, right? Do White rocks lay brown? Guess that would tell the difference. lol. I can't wait till she starts laying!

7. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I say White Rock. At 18 weeks I'd expect a Leghorn's comb to be MUCH bigger, my white Leghorn hens have bigger combs than my roosters.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by