1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

What is she???

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SBurrell, Jul 23, 2014.

1. SBurrell

SBurrell Hatching

Jul 23, 2014
    Fair Grove, Mo
    I have a hen I rescued. She came with another chick that died from injuries from a fall. Anyways, I have had her for a couple weeks thinking she was a chick. However, she has not grown in two weeks and still eats and drinks well. She looks just like my full grown Production Red laying hens when she stands up. This chick is very friendly. What kind is she. She is all white and fits in my hand like the size of a soft ball. I have been trying to upload pics but it won't let me.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 Free Ranging Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
  3. lithiachick

lithiachick In the Brooder

Mar 30, 2014
    I think you have to have a few more posts before you can upload pictures. Welcome aboard!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member 8 Years

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] I hope you will be able to get photos up so we can take a look at her.

5. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

[​IMG] from Washington! BYC is the best fowl website you can find.[​IMG] I hope you feel glad you signed up! In our flock we have great people and it is always great to have a new member:) In our flock, we have no pecking order!

[​IMG]

By the way, not saying that you will do anything bad, but no fowl play[​IMG]

Great info here:

6. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Bird is the Word Staff Member Premium Member 7 Years

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

You can upload pics immediately at joining. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to down load a BYC app to get the most out of BYC and upload pics. Stop by this section of the forums on using mobiles and their feedback...https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/16183/mobile-feedback

Sorry you lost the other chick. I hope this one continues to thrive. Welcome to our flock!

7. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

8. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: