What is so great about Michael Jackson?

When I was a teenager back in the 70s, cruisin' around in a 68 Chevelle, it was the dawn of the contemperary Christian music move with artists like, 2nd Chapter of Acts and a Band Called David, Benny Hester, Keith Green, Phil Keaggy, Amy Grant, the Res. Band! With groups on the radio like, Journey, Chicago, Def Leppard, The Young MJ after leaving the Jackson 5, RATT, REO Speedwagon just to name a few!
I love a diversity of music (the stuff that's not sick and raunchy) and the same goes for the artists... Being a Christian music artist myself, I was greatly influenced by these music pioneers of my youth. But.. I never got caught up in the "artist worship" but I have seen the influence of it working in music industry for so many years!
hu.gif

Quote:
I know. I am just curious why he did that.

he didnt "do" anything to "turn from black to white" he had a condition called Vitiligo

its a condition where the skin looses its pigment for no apparent reason...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitiligo

yes he did bleach his skin he had spots on his skin from the vitiligo and bleached the rest of his skin to match

Quote:
From what I understand, his father made fun of his African American features. So, he grew up thinking that being 'black' was unattractive. It sounds bizarre, I know. But a person with a normal childhood doesn't end up with Michael Jackson's eccentricities.

If you look at him on the cover of his earlier albums, he was actually a very good looking young man. I remember most of the girls in my school were in love with him. LOL

Then he started to change, not just his skin coloring but he had heavy plastic sugery done also.

My opinion is that his father's abuse made him feel ugly and that he was hiding from his own self. The fame and money probably just added to his strangeness.

As to why he is famous. .. Well, he was very talented. The video Thriller is still a great work of art, even today. I am not a big fan of pop music but in that genre he was actually pretty good. He was an amazing dancer and performer also.

I do think that the television hype over his death was way too much.

Last edited:
Quote:
I agree!
clap.gif

I love love LOVE the man, and people who don't get what was special about him will never get it! It goes much deeper than just his talent. He was a wonderful humanitarian who tried to "heal the world" if you will, through his music. He donated millions of dollars to charities. It cost him millions every year to keep his ranch running so sick kids could have fun for a day. Anyone who believes the child molestation allegations has simply succeeded in being conformed and brainwashed to what the media would have you believe. The evidence that he is innocent is outstanding and irrefutable if one does the research.
Also he did not bleach his skin he had vitiligo and used heavy makeup and some cosmetic treatments when the condition became too obvious to hide. There are photos of him without his makeup and you can clearly see patches of dark skin on his face, arms and chest.

Quote:

Elvis makes me
sickbyc.gif

Please continue.....

Last edited:
I grew up watching Michael Jackson videos and he was the first crush I had on a guy! In his younger "Thriller" days, he was quite a handsome fellow. I thought he was good looking even after his first nose job. Then he took it too far.

His music was still very good and he opened up a lot of doors to new ideas in music, just as elvis did. He was also an extremely talented dancer.

Unfortunately people with that much fame often end up strange. Heck, a lot of normal people are strange too!

The one thing that disappointed me was his lying about plastic surgery. The fact that he lied about that makes me wonder what else he could have lied about. I didn't much like him in his later years, but I loved young michael jackson.

Never was a fan of MJ but he was handsome in Thriller before he messed up his face.

I do appreciate his music on Thriller and Beat It videos and the way he makes his moves that all kids would mimic him, thus keeping them off the streets. Break dancing is one of those things I remember in the 80's.

The media made a big hoopla over his death.

As for Elvis and MJ, they are both icons of their generation and well liked by most fans. It is up to the fans to keep the flames alive and we still remember Elvis and we certainly will remember MJ too.

Oh dear. Have you seen the Thriller video? Have you seen him dance? Trust, me, when I was a kid, he was the coolest man alive. At least, I thought so.

Back
Top Bottom