What Is Something You Didn’t Know When You Joined BYC That Is Embarrassing Now?

cluckmecoop7

💙🖤💙🖤
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 4, 2019
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
This isn’t chicken related. This is BYC related. What is something you didn’t know about BYC and how it works when you were new? The more embarrassing the better.

For me, it was when dozens of people replied to my intro thread saying “Welcome to BYC”. My idiot brain didn’t know what “BYC” was, and I literally thought I had joined some club or cult that would require a membership or something. So embarrassing. 🤓

When I joined BYC (yesterday) with a question about my dying chick, some people recommended that I look at some specific threads about it. I had absolutely no clue how to find posts about chick emergencies. They ended up sending me a link which lead me straight back to the main page practically.. silly me.
The chick ended up miraculously bouncing back up and ready for life again.

I didn't know Silkies lay small eggs 🤣
Ok not exactly what you asked. I can't think of anything specific to the forum format that's embarrassing.
Also, once upon a time when my screen name was Squishy (dog)... I posted a recipe for simple fried chicken where I described breaking the eggs into a bowl and removing the yolks with a spoon. :gig
Thankfully my mom posted after to say "Umm, darling, that's not how cooks separate egg whites"
Ohh, the struggle of returning to a forum from ones youth. The best thing about getting older is that embarrassment becomes less and less disturbing. :old

I just assumed he was no big deal:)
But you know better now, right? ......................... RIGHT?
Myles_Standish.jpg

I had NO CLUE what a PFM was! I think I won a free- 3 months 4 years back and didn't realize until now (when I won another 3 months again) how amazing it was!!

:lau

Back
Top Bottom