What is sticking out of my baby chick!!

It looks like it might be an intestinal loop.
Can you get a picture of it in good light, away from the red lamp light?

@Wyorp Rock , @azygous , @Kiki
this morning when i woke up i noticed she had another case of pasty butt even after i put vasaine on her last night so i cleaned that up and that’s why she is a little wet. she’s eating and drinking and moving around like normal but at certain times all the other chicks gang up on her and peck her butt but then at other times snuggle with her. she is extremely small compared to the rest almost as if she’s younger even though we got them all at the same time. here are the photos
thank you for helping everyone!

Attachments

• 30885BD5-E4C5-4E33-8CF2-8DE01AE30A84.jpeg
    30885BD5-E4C5-4E33-8CF2-8DE01AE30A84.jpeg
    427.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 75363465-A1A6-41A4-BB01-BFA7F863310E.jpeg
    75363465-A1A6-41A4-BB01-BFA7F863310E.jpeg
    257.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 9FFD4EF4-1C35-4A00-B347-2774E2E8FC72.jpeg
    9FFD4EF4-1C35-4A00-B347-2774E2E8FC72.jpeg
    366.9 KB · Views: 62
  • D384E849-D032-4A1A-9852-8B9569B5603E.jpeg
    D384E849-D032-4A1A-9852-8B9569B5603E.jpeg
    477 KB · Views: 63
if you got it off it probably a worm.. thats why the other chicks were wanting it..

You may have a failure to thrive chick. They usually hatch with genetic defects that make it difficult for a chick to effectively utilize calories and nutrients from their food. They are slow to grow and often crave more heat than the other chicks. They are prone to constipation and pasty butt.

Often they die. You can increase its survival chances by feeding special foods such as boiled egg and crumbled tofu. Keep it warm but try to make sure it stays hydrated.

this morning when i woke up i noticed she had another case of pasty butt even after i put vasaine on her last night so i cleaned that up and that’s why she is a little wet. she’s eating and drinking and moving around like normal but at certain times all the other chicks gang up on her and peck her butt but then at other times snuggle with her. she is extremely small compared to the rest almost as if she’s younger even though we got them all at the same time. here are the photos
thank you for helping everyone!
It's so hard too see.

You may have a failure to thrive chick. They usually hatch with genetic defects that make it difficult for a chick to effectively utilize calories and nutrients from their food. They are slow to grow and often crave more heat than the other chicks. They are prone to constipation and pasty butt.

Often they die. You can increase its survival chances by feeding special foods such as boiled egg and crumbled tofu. Keep it warm but try to make sure it stays hydrated.
thank you very much. she’s only 4 days old so would eating things like eggs be okay for her digestive system? i think my plan is going to be just trying to keep strong and gain weight and hope the pink ball in her butt solves itself🤞

Both egg and tofu are highly nutritious and very easy to digest. That's why I choose those foods to feed borderline chicks. I've had very good success getting FTT chicks past the crisis point and launched.

The secret is to feed those foods to all the chicks and the lagging chick will be stimulated to compete for food. I have watched a chick half the size of the others and half dead from weakness dive into a dish of crumbled tofu with Poultry Nutri-drench sprinkled over it like a quarterback coming up from the rear to score. It's amazing to watch.

Both egg and tofu are highly nutritious and very easy to digest. That's why I choose those foods to feed borderline chicks. I've had very good success getting FTT chicks past the crisis point and launched.

The secret is to feed those foods to all the chicks and the lagging chick will be stimulated to compete for food. I have watched a chick half the size of the others and half dead from weakness dive into a dish of crumbled tofu with Poultry Nutri-drench sprinkled over it like a quarterback coming up from the rear to score. It's amazing to watch.
this is very helpful thank you very much i will try that. do you think the problem with her behind will diminish on her own if i continue to keep it clean?

There's a very good chance her problem will self correct as she learns to eat and it gets her digestive system activated. Tofu also has the added advantage of being high in water content and dehydration is one of the causes of pasty butt and attending problems. Crumble it up very fine, and do the same with the boiled egg. One of the mistakes folks make with tiny chicks is expecting them to handle large morsels of food.

There's a very good chance her problem will self correct as she learns to eat and it gets her digestive system activated. Tofu also has the added advantage of being high in water content and dehydration is one of the causes of pasty butt and attending problems. Crumble it up very fine, and do the same with the boiled egg. One of the mistakes folks make with tiny chicks is expecting them to handle large morsels of food.
thank you very much I will try this and keep you all updated!

Do you have any witch hazel? It's an astringent and can help shrink delicate tissue. What may have happened is the chick was pasted up and was straining to poop, and its lower colon was pushed out.

Until it resolves, you need to keep the chick away from the others or they will try to eat it, killing the chick. Use the witch hazel to dampen a small cotton ball and use it to push the protrusion back inside. It may pop back out again, so use the witch hazel to push it back in each time it falls out.

Eventually, it will stay in. There's a chance this chick has a genetic deformity and it may not resolve. In that case your chick may fail and not survive.
thank you very much! this might sound stupid but how should i push it in i don’t want to hurt the chick if it’s not supposed to be pushed in. and will separating the chick stress her out more ?

Back
Top Bottom