What is sticking out of my baby chick!!

Any updates? I hope she’s doing well!
she’s doing much better! her butt is starting to heal up and she hasn’t had pasty butt in 2 days! her feathers are starting to come in and we r just trying to get her to gain weight now as the others are three times her weight. She is doing such a good job managing for her self and fighting her way throu that boiled egg! we gave her a little nutri drench today to help boost her so i’ll keep y’all updated❤️

Why would you keep putting this baby back in with the others knowing they are traumatizing her? That's just un necessary.She needs a quiet place to deal with her recovery. I always keep an emergency "hospital" cage/coop in the ready for my girls and or any other critter that crosses my path.

Why would you keep putting this baby back in with the others knowing they are traumatizing her? That's just un necessary.She needs a quiet place to deal with her recovery. I always keep an emergency "hospital" cage/coop in the ready for my girls and or any other critter that crosses my path.

she’s doing much better! her butt is starting to heal up and she hasn’t had pasty butt in 2 days! her feathers are starting to come in and we r just trying to get her to gain weight now as the others are three times her weight. She is doing such a good job managing for her self and fighting her way throu that boiled egg! we gave her a little nutri drench today to help boost her so i’ll keep y’all updated❤
I do not see where the chick is being traumatized, can you point that out?
Pecking order can be brutal and an isolated chick often struggles to fit back in with the group.
If she is not being picked on or injured, then the chick should stay with her flockmates.

Pecking order can be brutal and an isolated chick often struggles to fit back in with the group.
If she is not being picked on or injured, then the chick should stay with her flockmates.
thank you for your concern! She is no longer being picked on (because the swelling is getting better) and is doing a good job fitting in with the others, like @Wyorp Rock said i didn’t see a point to keep her away from the others if she wasn’t being bullied or pecked at! I just wanted to thank you all again for your immense amount of help and concerns, couldn’t do it without you guys! I will continue to keep this thread updated on her progress.

We had a baby chick in February that had a swollen vent. She was smaller than the others for a long time. We named her chicken little. We did not separate her as she got very stressed if we did. There were 30 other girls in there and she new how to hold her own. Lol I’m proud to say she’s almost as big as all the other girls now. ♥️ Keep it up. You’re doing great!

We had a baby chick in February that had a swollen vent. She was smaller than the others for a long time. We named her chicken little. We did not separate her as she got very stressed if we did. There were 30 other girls in there and she new how to hold her own. Lol I’m proud to say she’s almost as big as all the other girls now. ♥ Keep it up. You’re doing great!
thank you so much! This is very encouraging i’m always so worried about her she’s so small!❤️

Hey everyone!! I just thought i’d update y’all again! She is doing amazing! She’s about 2 weeks now and her feathers around her butt are growing back and the redness is just about gone. She has put on a few more ounces (thanks to the egg, tofu and nutri drench) Shes at the young chicken stage where she’s starting to get her little wings in (she’s absolutely crazy flying about the brooder!) although she is still smaller than the rest she manages to boss her way amongst the cage pecking at any one in her way! I just want to thank everyone again for all your support and help, as this is my first time having chickens I couldn’t do it with out you guys❤️ the community on this website is absolutely amazing

Back
Top Bottom