What is Sweet PDZ

What do you do with poop after you sift it? I've been tossing mine, but I was wondering if I could add it to my compost pile. I'm not sure if the PDZ would be good for the compost I want to use in my garden though.

I've been putting it in the compost bin for years, PDZ is totally safe.

The compost bin has three sections, fresh poop and other materials go in the right section. After a year it gets moved to the center section (divider missing in photo). Then after another year it gets moved to the left section. The next spring it gets sifted and bagged.
cb-mk2-01.jpg

Compost helpers...
composter03.jpg

JT

I've been putting it in the compost bin for years, PDZ is totally safe.

The compost bin has three sections, fresh poop and other materials go in the right section. After a year it gets moved to the center section (divider missing in photo). Then after another year it gets moved to the left section. The next spring it gets sifted and bagged.
View attachment 3500843

Compost helpers...
View attachment 3500844

JT
Awesome. We're new to chickens and gardening, so tips are appreciated! I want to get my freeloaders involved in the composing, so I think I'll give them access to it😊

Awesome. We're new to chickens and gardening, so tips are appreciated! I want to get my freeloaders involved in the composing, so I think I'll give them access to it😊
I only allow the hens to dig in the third bin which is pretty much finished compost when I put it in that bin. After a year in that bin it's some really nice compost.

JT

Back
Top Bottom