what is the best bator for under a 100

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jennings Gamefowl, Jun 9, 2009.

1. what is the best bator for under a 100

2. NancyP

NancyP Songster

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    I would go with a homemade one, Then you can choose size and options. Under 100 there isn't many options.
    Nancy

3. im not to good on building something like that... but i would be more clam if i can get one already ready to go

4. Quote:

5. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    A silkie hen! [​IMG]

6. dun chick

dun chick Songster

7. gocrow77

gocrow77 Crow's Nest

May 13, 2009
    Central MO
    You might try checking the clssified ads in your areas such as craigs list or local message boards. Swaps, flea markets and such are also good places to find second hand bators as well. Let your friends and family know that you are looking for one and maybe even if you don't come across one they might, or they may know of someone looking to sell or give away one they no longer use. You have lots of options - you could even write up your own ad stating you are looking for a reliable gently used incubator to begin hatching. Best of luck to you!

8. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

I have been very happy with my Hovabator 1602N. It's very reliable. You could get it and a turner for under $100.

9. pascopol

pascopol Songster

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:Brinsea ECO 20 $99.00 sale price.

Beats the living crap of any styrobator.

To built comparable home made bator with QUALITY components (sorry, no light bulbs, water heater thermostats or styrofoam coolers)
    you will spend at least that amount, likely more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: