what is the best hatchery for cornish cross

redneck4life27

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 7, 2012
Northern ny
Im looking for a good hatchery to order any recomendations are appriciated. Looking for a good price and good survival rate. Im looking at getting 25 now and 25 in the summer that should help me make it through the whole year for chicken.

We usually get them from Mt. Healthy. They've gotten me best market chicken before at fair. They always get high scores too. Generally not too many die from not having strong enough legs.

We ordered from Myers (not Meyers) hatchery in Pennsylvania. Ordered 35 chicks and they sent 38. All very healthy, haven't lost a one. They were mailed on Monday and arrived in our VA post office by 8:30 AM Tuesday. Very nice and helpful on the phone.

I used Dunlap Hatchery in Caldwell, ID. I would suggest looking for a hatchery that is close to you too. Shipping isnt always easy on them and the shorter time they are in transit, the better. We did not lose any of our chicks, and we ordered cornish cross and their red broilers. I plan on ordering from them again.

You'll have to ask me in a couple of months. I have 20 from Mt. Healthy in the brooder now, and will pick up 15 from Meyer in Polk, Ohio on April 24th. I'll have a good comparison!

I am nervous about my Mt. Healthy birds because I know they had a salmonella problem in 2012 that I hope they've fixed by now. But they were discounted to $1 each at TSC, and I couldn't resist them at that price. So far all are healthy and strong. They are about three weeks old right now.

Back
Top Bottom