What is the best layer feed for ducks?

Jan 19, 2021
Minnesota
Hey everyone!! so our cayuga laid her first egg yesterday!!🎉 We got layer feed but I don’t think she likes it. She won’t eat it!! We got Flock party layer pellets I think it’s called. We got it because it has a duck on it and none of the others did. Is this a bad brand? I want to get her the best feed possible at the tractor supply!! Thanks!! The picture is her first egg! I was so happy 😁

C932119E-AB24-40EE-BED4-B9B0C7DA0350.jpeg

We use a flock raiser from our TSC. I think it is Purina brand. Oyster shells must be served along side. I know others use food specifically for ducks. Our tractor supply doesn't have specific duck food.
For our ducks, we use flock raiser. We buy it from Ace because it's ike, 20 min closer. Not sure if our Ace has feed specific to ducks.

Last edited:
We feed Mazuri Maintenance because we have a drake and feed free choice, but if we were going to feed a layer feed, we would feed the Mazuri layer. I've worked with zoos and aquariums in the past that have waterfowl, and it's what their vets recommend. As @SolarDuck mentioned, Tractor Supply can order it for you (with no surcharge). We used to do that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom