What is the best way to pack eggs for shipping?

there are different ways to do it, I personally don't like it when mine are packed in with the egg cartoons, reason I don't pack like that when I ship.
Other people like it, I guess just order some from different people and use the method you like best, as long as they are packed tight in the shipping box * no space for them to move around *
But no matter how well you do it, if the Post Office and delivery workers don't help you might end up with some broken eggs, I have not had any brake so far.
I can post pics of the way I pack if you like.

Quote:
Please post pics! Why don't you like cartons? How many times have you shipped eggs?

Karen, Very funny!
lol.png

Kim

Quote:
Please post pics! Why don't you like cartons? How many times have you shipped eggs?

Karen, Very funny!
lol.png

Kim

I lost count at 50 times
lau.gif
I got this map of the USA and I got a string attached to where I live and the other end goes to where I send eggs and is getting hard to see some spots in the map with all that string
lol.png

I'll go look for the pics....................

ETA: I don't like cartoons cause both times I ordered eggs where broken, I don't know if it was the cartoons but I rather have mine shipped the way I learned from other people that have sent me eggs. * ok looking for the pics *

Last edited:
I recently received eggs packed so well that not a single one of the fourteen had the slightest damage. This is how she did it:

1. Wrap each egg in toilet paper, about 4 layers thick, and set into an egg carton pointy end down.

2. Tape carton closed and wrap in 2-3 layers of bubble wrap, tape to secure.

3. Use a Priority Mail 12x12x8 box filled with packing peanuts, nestle carton/s in the middle with lots of peanuts between each other and the sides of the box.

4. Print 'Fragile: Live Eggs for Hatching: This Side Up' with arrows as appropriate in very large letters all over it.

Good luck!

38176_mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm_012.jpg

38176_mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm_013.jpg

38176_mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm_014.jpg

38176_mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm_015.jpg

38176_mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm_016.jpg

38176_mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm_017.jpg

38176_mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm_018.jpg

ETA: I sent 3 doz in that big box and all made it intact. I only write * FRAGILE LIVE EMBRYOS * * FRAGILE FERTILE EGGS * or what ever people want me to write on them ONLY upon request, I've heard from people that post office people might tent to pick on those boxes just cause they are so unconsidered. * some workers not all * but who knows who's going to handle your eggs.

Last edited:
Quote:
This is an "EGGSELLENT" way to pack eggs. I am a shipping manager, so I know. I have two suggestions to make this even better, though. First, make sure the bubbles are towards the INSIDE, and I recommend double boxing. Gently shake the box and make sure NOTHING moves! If it moves, it can break.

Jen

Quote:
That does look like a great way to avoid breakage. I've also read that you shouldn't wrap eggs in bubblewrap because they need to breathe. Is that true? Don't laugh, I'm new at this.

Thanks!
Kim

Back
Top Bottom