What is the breed you wish you could find? What are your dream acquisitions for color/variety?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by danceswithronin, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Ra_

Ra_ Songster

Jan 25, 2010
    North Central Florida
    I've got a thread for the project.

I'll send you a half a dozen eggs if you want?
    I want more people to see how cool these birds are.

2. chickendreams24

chickendreams24 Crowing

Jul 30, 2015
    Wisconsin, USA
    Thanks for sharing the thread!

I'll pm you about the eggs. But it will ahve to waot a while probably. Both of our incubators are occupied. LoL hopefully DH2B finishes building my cabinet incubator with attached hatcher this year.

Ra_ likes this.
  3. varidgerunner

varidgerunner Songster

Aug 16, 2013
    I need some parrot beak long tail asils. Preferably in the jawah color pattern. Or a shay with some nice penciling.

4. Ra_

Ra_ Songster

Jan 25, 2010
    North Central Florida
    When my incuview hatched 18 of these eggs for me, I immediately planned to buy another one. I'm glad I didn't. I've now got 85 birds and more in the incubator.
    I've got to either start giving the eggs away, selling them or eating them.
    I can't hatch any more. They eat too much.

chickendreams24 and MagpieDucks like this.
  5. Raptorsgocluck

Raptorsgocluck Chirping

Apr 20, 2019
    NC, USA
    Dorkings! The silver/grey are easy ish to find. But other varieties like the colored and red are extremely hard to find!

MagpieDucks and chickendreams24 like this.
  6. coach723

coach723 Crowing

Feb 12, 2015
    North Florida
    Egyptian Fayoumi's and Deathlayers!

7. chickendreams24

chickendreams24 Crowing

Jul 30, 2015
    Wisconsin, USA
    LOL I can totally relate to it. They add up quickly. Including the heritage cockerals we raised for meat and hens that will be culled this year last year we broke 200 birds.

This year we are being more focused in our breeding and what birds we are keeping or not keeping.

I've also wanted to try some dorkings out I love the looks of the silver grays.

MagpieDucks likes this.
  8. GuineaFowling

GuineaFowling Songster

Oct 3, 2013
    California
    Here’s my list. I already have a BLRW and a lav Orpington but they’re hatchery stock so I’m definitely wanting some breeder quality birds in the future.

Blue laced red Wyandotte

Lavender English orpington

French Black copper Marans

Americauana - particularly birds that lay sky blue eggs

Creud langshan

Penedesencas

chickendreams24 and MagpieDucks like this.
  9. Raptorsgocluck

Raptorsgocluck Chirping

Apr 20, 2019
    NC, USA
    They are such a great breed, they have wonderful personalities, are very sweet and docile, lay about 6 eggs a week, are excellent free rangers, get along wonderfully with the other chickens (even the more aggressive ones), and overall are just a joy to have. Originally got one as a trial (other chicken owners around me have dorkings and they were highly recommended) for eggs and eventually meat, now she is our pet. Overall my favorite breed of chicken. I would LOVE to have more in different colors.

MagpieDucks likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: