What is the deal with blank BYC pages?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I like to browse around and look at people's BYC pages. And more then half of the ones I looked at don't have anything on them!
    Why is that? Not trying to offend anyone, but what is the deal? Thanks! [​IMG]

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    When you click the "My Page" link, it automatically generates a page and puts a link on your profile. Plenty of people never write on their page. [​IMG]

3. Bawk Vader

Bawk Vader Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2010
    Belleview, FL (Central)
    Go on and check mine out. It's not much but it's better than a blank screen.

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Bawk Vader: I'll check out your BYC page. [​IMG]
    Kooshie: I know! [​IMG] I don't know if they just publish their changes and then forget about it .. or what?

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Kooshie is correct!

We also go through from time to time and will delete blank pages. Some peeps leave their main page blank, but have 2nd pages with content.

6. OrpingtonManor

OrpingtonManor Building the Castle

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    You could challenge someone to a page show-down. That's what finally got me to build my page. SC_Hugh challenged me to a page duel. ibpboo joined the challenge. Now, all three of us have pages. Just lay down the gauntlet. [​IMG]

7. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    I am one of the blank page folks. I found the loading of the page way to confusing for me. I would be happy if mine were to be deleted. Or is there some sort of tutorial that is written for common folk like me?

I simply could not deal with it.

8. OrpingtonManor

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
  9. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Ack! Now I'm wondering if I've accidentally set one up, too. I clicked all over when I first joined trying to figure things out and how to do the avatar (gave up..lol) and other things. If I have a page, feel free to delete it. [​IMG]

ETA: OK, I don't see a link, so maybe I didn't mess that one up. [​IMG] Or else it's there but I can't see it since it's my own link? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  10. OrpingtonManor

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    Quote:you don't have one that I can see. but, why not? we'd love to see your world! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by