What is the difference between a Langshan and a Craod Langshan?? And do you have any for sale!?? ;)

kambrose

Chirping
Apr 15, 2015
Southern Utah
I have read that the Langshan will lay a plum egg.

Well I was on Ebay and saw some black Langshan and said they lay brown eggs.

Then I see some people call them Croad Langshan..

What is the difference and which one lays the plum eggs??

Thanks!!!!!

Croad Langshans are variety of Langshans that were originally imported into England by Major Croad who has since had his name incorporated into that particular variety of Langshan. In the UK there are two types of Langshans, the "Croad" and the "German" varieties. The German variety lacks feathering down the shanks and toes. The German variety is not accepted by the APA therefore all Langshans available in the USA are "Croad". Practically speaking, since you live in Utah, which is in the USA, there is no difference between a Croad Langshan and a Langshan. Langshan eggs vary from light brown to dark brown and those that are considered the most desirable have a "plum" coloration to the brown.

Last edited:
Croad Langshans are variety of Langshans that were originally imported into England by Major Croad who has since had his name incorporated into that particular variety of Langshan.  In the UK there are two types of Langshans, the "Croad" and the "German" varieties.  The German variety lacks feathering down the shanks and toes.  The German variety is not accepted by the APA therefore all Langshans available in the USA are "Croad". Practically speaking, since you live in Utah, which is in the USA, there is no difference between a Croad Langshan and a Langshan. Langshan eggs vary from light brown to dark brown and those that are considered the most desirable have a "plum" coloration to the brown.

Very interesting. Thank you!! I'll keep my eyes out then for the rare types that can lay the plum.

Back
Top Bottom