What is the latest time a Bobwhite quail can hatch?

QuailLover224

Chirping
Aug 14, 2020
Hello, I am currently incubating 3 Bobwhite quail eggs. It is day 26 and so far, only one has pipped. I have kept the temperature at 37.5⁰c and the humidity up throughout the whole process.

What is the latest time a Bobwhite quail can hatch? I am very worried because I know they are meant to hatch on days 22-24.

Thank you, stay safe.

Hello, I am currently incubating 3 Bobwhite quail eggs. It is day 26 and so far, only one has pipped. I have kept the temperature at 37.5⁰c and the humidity up throughout the whole process.

What is the latest time a Bobwhite quail can hatch? I am very worried because I know they are meant to hatch on days 22-24.

Thank you, stay safe.
I replied on your other thread. Day 26 is the day all of mine always hatch. The earliest i ever had one hatch was the evening on day 24, latest morning of day 28. 22 days is way too early, mine are never even shadowing yet by then. Have you checked the temp in your incubator with a calibrated thermometer? This is very very important. And what kind of incubator?

I replied on your other thread. Day 26 is the day all of mine always hatch. The earliest i ever had one hatch was the evening on day 24, latest morning of day 28. 22 days is way too early, mine are never even shadowing yet by then. Have you checked the temp in your incubator with a calibrated thermometer? This is very very important. And what kind of incubator?
Thank you for responding! It seems my eggs are acting similar to how yours are, shadowing after day 22.

I am using the 7 egg incubator that normally sells for around £20, I know this isn't the best incubator to use but I was only aiming to hatch a couple chicks to keep as pets.

I have not checked the temperature with a calibrated thermometer, I will do that later as it is 3 am right now.

Since posting this thread, I decided to candle the eggs and the 2nd egg has pipped so I am wondering if I should just leave them alone and that I am just worrying too much.

Thanks again.

Thank you for responding! It seems my eggs are acting similar to how yours are, shadowing after day 22.

I am using the 7 egg incubator that normally sells for around £20, I know this isn't the best incubator to use but I was only aiming to hatch a couple chicks to keep as pets.

I have not checked the temperature with a calibrated thermometer, I will do that later as it is 3 am right now.

Since posting this thread, I decided to candle the eggs and the 2nd egg has pipped so I am wondering if I should just leave them alone and that I am just worrying too much.

Thanks again.
No problem. Yeah, those are definitely not the best incubators. Bobwhites aren't very good "pets". Coturnix quail or Button quail are better pets. You'll have to tame them down a lot (which is really hard). Do you have a big cage for them? Bobs need quite a bit of space.
Yeah, I think you're worrying too much. They'll do just fine. Are they all still alive? Definitely check the temp. The readout on most incubators is really wrong.

Back
Top Bottom