What is the latest you have had a pullet start laying?

dbounds, have you told the chickens they'll be dinner if they don't lay?
lol.png
I told my five pullets this one afternoon and the next week they each started laying. My son said that's what did it. Telling them.

I need a topic that tells how to get DH to read these posts that tell that our chickens should lay an egg sometime in their lifetime again!! I keep telling him all the great reasons on here why they aren't, and that they should start again, but I think he's hungry!
lol.png

Yeah and on top of the 2 not laying, my egg production just fell off the cliff yesterday. I was getting 4 a day out of 4 girls, then yesterday I got 2 and today so far only 1! They all usually lay before noon!

Time to add a little extra light I think. I dont think I can eat a store egg ever again!

Quote:
Gritstar, does that mean you have two dark brahmas that are 9 1/2 months old and are still NOT LAYING?!

Nope. The brahma hens are now 3 years, 5 months old and lay well when not molting. It just took those last two forever to start. They have since made up for the long wait, by laying straight through hot weather and cold.

Back
Top Bottom