What is the mix of my new chicken?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lightchick, Sep 28, 2014.

1. lightchick

lightchick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    She's 12 weeks old. I'm thinking Brahma mix.....maybe a EE and Brahma mix?
    She's a pullet right? I traded my rooster for her. I'm pretty sure she's a pullet because my rooster was the same age and had saddle/hackle feathers and had a huge red comband he was crowing.
    I feel bad for her because she's so scared!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Looks like a hen yes.. I agree, brahma mix.

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    X2 on that. :eek:)

4. lightchick

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    OK. I thought so because she's a little bigger then my other chick Elsa who's the same age. Brahmas are pretty big right?
    Do I need to worry about her being on a wire floor during her quarantine? I have a box of wood shavings for her. She doesn't want to move around much now because she's so scared. The poor baby is stressed out. When can I start taming her? I just got her today so I don't want to stress her out by touching her too much. Do you have any idea on what other breed might be in her?

5. lightchick

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    I don't want her to get sick or anything because of stress. I put ACV in her water. Should I be putting sugar in it tomorrow?
    How long do I need to quarantine? I can't quarantine much longer then 2 weeks. Is that OK?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by