What is the most bossy chicken breed?

The bossiest hen is always which ever one is at the top of the pecking order.  IMO, RIR have a rep for being nasty tempered.  Mediterranean breeds have a rep of being flighty and aggressive in a flock.
My lead hens quite small,many hens are larger then her.

my hybridized red jungle fowl rooster is the sweetest bird ive ever had he will stand by baby chicks hes never seen before and let them peck and pull on his wattles it looks painful but he doesnt seem to mindXP 
Not al are,but many are bred to fight sovwhen brought into a normal less aggressive flock they take that out on the birds.And ingenerel a lot of them temd to be human aggressive. Just saying it is in her best interests to stay away.

i agree they are not for beginners my rjf is at least 2 years old and just started eating the treats i give him most times hell drop it and call a hen to eat it

It depends on the breed. The bigger and docile breeds like orpingtons, brahmas etc won't be as mean. The smaller and more wild breeds like ameraucanas, araucanas and leghorns will be a lot more mean if they get to be boss in the pecking order. This is how it is with our flock. The bigger breeds can still mean however. Our barred rock is very mean in our flock.

Back
Top Bottom