What is the MOST "uneducated" thing you have ever heard?

missred871

Eggxhausted Momma
9 Years
May 5, 2010
Perry GA
Okay, there was one for chickens a while back. I wanted to do one for ducks. I get the weirdest questions!

One of the guys that works at our local feed store said, "What do you DO with 14 ducklings? I mean what will you do with them when they grow up?" I was like.... uhhhhh....... eat the eggs... play with them. They are a blast!

Then there is the ever present: "EWWW Duck eggs? You can EAT those?"

"Don't they have ducklings in them?"

I am sure there are several others but I have a LOT of people refuse to eat them because they have never eaten one before.

What have some of you heard?

The most uneducated thing I ever heard wasn't about chickens or ducks. It was one of my parents MANY arguments. My dad, an 8th grade drop-out told my mom,the school teacher, "You ain't got much smarts"
lau.gif
gig.gif
He wishes he'd never said THAT!
gig.gif
lau.gif

I have some city folk cousins that wont eat our eggs or drink our milk, cause my hens layed the eggs and we get the milk from the amish down the road. They reason is cause the chickens layed the eggs and the milk came from a cow, I said where do you think the eggs and milk from the store come from? They said not from chickens or cows, I said then where do they come from? They really didnt know, but not from chickens and cows. I had to walk away, I had to keep my mouth shut so I didnt hurt anyones feelings. And to think their and my grand parents, the same grand parents, had a farm.

When offering a dozen eggs to a co-worker that I'd been talking a lot to about my chickens...she looked at them in amazement and said " Your chickens laid those?!" to which I replied..."Well,it could've been the dog....but I think it was the chickens!"
wink.png

BUAHAHAHA Where did the eggs in the store come from....... not a chicken.... LMAO
lau.gif
WOW...... good call walking away Ed, good call!

Someone called me the night before they were supposed to come pick up ducklings and asked, "Do I need to pick up food or something from Petsmart before we come?"

th.gif

It wouldn't have been quite as bad if it weren't for the fact that I had sent them a duckling care sheet with very clear instructions when they placed their order.

Needless to say, I did not sell them any ducklings.

At the fairs, people always ask: "Do they have teeth?" (ok, it makes me smile..but can anyone imagine a duck with dog teeth? LOL)

Also, it would have to be: "Aren't those ducklings too young to be away from their mother, don't they need to nurse?!"

ROFLOL. !!!!
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

Oh, and btw, this is my first post on BYC
big_smile.png
love this site.

My favorite was I was giving a friend some deer meat(venison) and I told him" Here I went hunting and have plenty" and one of his friend's said " Why do you have to kill? Just go to the store and buy some meat like I do." When I ask her "Where does she think meat comes from." She says " From a meat farm? She was dead serious was the worst part. I just walked away.

Back
Top Bottom