What Is The Number of Eggs Per Week From Cochins?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mylilchix, Nov 18, 2008.

1. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

One of my 23 w/o white cochins just started laying last Tuesday. We got 2 in a row the first 2 days, 1 2 days later, and she hasn't layed anything in 2 days. How often do cochins lay?

Thanks,
    Sonja

2. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Mine just started laying too. At first it was everyother day now its been everyday. They have only been laying around 3 weeks or so.

3. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    we only have one cochin girl at the moment of laying age...she lays about 4-5 a week.
    We have 4 mutts (cochin daddy mixed with the rest of our flock) but they wont be laying till spring I bet.

4. thecochincoop

thecochincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

My cochins will usually lay one a day. They do have decreases when the weather is bad, it's too hot or too cold, and they stop when they are moulting. They will also stop for a few days when I move them around.

5. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

My white cochin started laying last Tuesday. She layed one on Tuesday, one on Wednesday, one on Saturday, and one today. is this normal for a new layer?

Sonja

6. tunaoftheland

tunaoftheland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    Mine lays 4-5 a week too, so it sounds like yours is right on the ball! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by