what is the purpose of keeping goats

Those are quite meaty and tastey looking goats!
droolin.gif

well i think 5 redlights is small. i dont think one of them is working right now anyway.
i really really really want the katahdin sheep now. or mixes of whatever i can find i just want hair goats cuz i dont want to shear them i just want them for pets and to mow the grass.

ps. i love everybodys goats and sheep

i especially love the mule!

200-250 per sheep is not a bad price. Buying from a reputable breeder means you have good and disease free stock. If they take the time to give you all the health certificates, then you are making a good investment. I would talk to your local breeder to see how many sheep they keep per acre and the type of fences they use to keep their sheep in.

TAX BREAK!

To to zoned Agricultural in certain areas, you need to have a cash crop on your land or own livestock (check with your County Assessor for the requirements in your area). We use to have the Alfalfa harvested from our land but we chose to let the land go to prairie grasses. The Assessor told us that we needed to fence our 23 acres and have a couple of goats to meet the AG zoning (otherwise we would be zoned residential $$$$).

thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
St. Croix....that would be a lovely place to live!!!!
love.gif
Love the accents!

Thanks! I think they are amazing animals! They are sensitive, intelligent and fun to keep. They barely drink any water or eat any hay, so their upkeep is fairly cheap compared to other livestock. They really don't do well on grains and thrive much better on pasture/hay only. They also love browse, just like goats, so they are mighty versatile when it comes to pasture. Got Autumn Olive you want out of the field? They love it!

I raise mine all natural so I don't buy expensive dewormers, nor have any health problems with these gals I haven't been able to clear up with unpastuerized apple cider vinegar, garlic and Shaklee's Soap. Only have to trim feet once a year and would be much less if I had rocky pastures.

They can be bred all year round and are prolific and easy lambers.

Back
Top Bottom