what is the sex ratio in peafowl chicks?

froggyphore

Songster
Sep 20, 2019
i’d really like to get some next year, but at $50 a chick i’d like to get the lowest amount possible. how many would you recommend to get atleast one peacock? tyia

Would it be cheaper to buy an adult peacock instead? I did not know that breed was so expensive!

Where are you getting them from?
i thought about it but i can’t find any for sale in my area under 1k. i haven’t settled on a place to purchase yet, but i was thinking of ordering from a local breeder.

i thought about it but i can’t find any for sale in my area under 1k. i haven’t settled on a place to purchase yet, but i was thinking of ordering from a local breeder.
Wow! 😳
I would definitely go with the local breeder and just take your chances. I would get 3 or 4.

Buy yearlings, they are past the point of getting sick from cocci, the sex is obvious, and they will likely breed and lay next year. Check out Spring Creek Peafowl in Marion, Ks on facebook for a listing of available colors and patterns. We also ship.

Get more than you think you will want. You can always sell extras and it gives you some buffer room. Keep in mind what KSkingbee said though that it is better to buy yearlings than chicks. You end up spending more money on chicks because they die very easy in the first 3 or so months of life.

Back
Top Bottom