What is this bug?

Ninjasquirrel

Free Ranging
6 Years
May 11, 2018
Northwest Indiana
Found this in the basement:
20190524_162445.jpg
I squished him good. My SO seems to think its a cockroach. I told him its not. But I dont know what it is. We're in northern indiana if that helps. Please tell me I'm right and its not a cockroach! I think its some kind of cricket

Pic is a little blurry...but I'd go with a cricket, anyway looks like crickets we have in MN.
How big is it?
It doesn't look like a cockroach to me, but there's so many varieties, I could be wrong!

Found this in the basement:
View attachment 1788264 I squished him good. My SO seems to think its a cockroach. I told him its not. But I dont know what it is. We're in northern indiana if that helps. Please tell me I'm right and its not a cockroach! I think its some kind of cricket
The picture is fuzzy but my first thought when I saw it was "cockroach". Sorry.

Pic is a little blurry...but I'd go with a cricket, anyway looks like crickets we have in MN.
How big is it?
It doesn't look like a cockroach to me, but there's so many varieties, I could be wrong!
My camera wouldnt focus in on it so unfortunately thats the best picture i have. Its about the size of a quarter

Yeah, I'd go with cricket. And I'd only be alarmed if several show up at once. Usually they get stuck inside and can't get back out. Hopefully this is a one time deal, and the wildlife stays outside!
You can always stick it in a jar and go to the ag extension office and see what they say!

Sprayed all around the perimeter except for the back because the chickens are out and they follow me EVERYWHERE. This is the second time ive seen a cockroach in this house. But its been at least 3 years since then. We usually home defense 3 times a year because we live in the woods. Unfortunately hadnt gotten to it yet this year. Ugh...I hate bugs!!!! Im going to go give my hens a talking to. They should have handled this.

Back
Top Bottom