What is this chicken thinking?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Phoenix Chicken, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Malibu99

Malibu99 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2012
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    There's a "bad" (to some) word on the bottom right hand corner. Might just be me but where I come from that's considered a swear word. Or maybe I'm just reading it wrong. [​IMG]

ETA- I'm talking about the "Come say it to my face" picture. Love the pic otherwise though!

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Don't let the coop door slap you on your way out!

1 person likes this.
  3. theoldchick

May 11, 2010
    Have you seen my cousin, Crazy Comb Shirley?

4. bluebirdnanny

bluebirdnanny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2013

You're not reading it wrong. Cute pictures and slogans seem to come from sites named like that. Way of forcing it on us I guess.

5. Malibu99

Malibu99 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2012
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts

Yeah, it's really unfortunate :/

6. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Overrun With Chickens

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    [​IMG]

My 5 week old babies had a BIG day in the garden with the big hens. They are now behind their protective fencing. (There are 4 in there.) What are they thinking?

7. peepacheep

peepacheep Chillin' With My Peeps

If you can't go to the beach have the beach brought to you. Welcome to my indoor beach party.

8. user213590

user213590 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2013
    [​IMG]
    The Gingerbread boy was not doing well. So I brought him into the house and he is in the old cat house in my bathroom. A couple days or so ago we had bad rain. I think one of the larger must have blocked the doorway and he was out in the wind and rain. When we got home he was outside in the open area of the pen inside the fencing, wet and muddy. He was not doing well
    On Saturday, I separated him from the pack and brought him in and cleaned him up. He is now warm, dry and clean. He is nibbling on his food and sipping his water. He has even been building a nest with his clean dry straw. I do not know what is wrong with him. He is usually perky, chirping and very active running around. He was laying out in the corner next to his pen, cornered in the Chainlink fence area getting pecked at my baby chicks. When I picked him up I was surprised by how light weight he was. I pick him up on average of once a day, USUALLY. But Thursday and Friday were not usual days for me, so my husband and son feed and watered them together when we got home each evening.
    Saturday, I noticed he is loosing weight and he was muddy. Unlike my little gingerbread boy always running around. So here is a pic of my litttle darling, cleaned up and in a cat house in the bathroom.

Also does any one have information on the Roanoke, Va Swap meet?

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  9. theoldchick

May 11, 2010
    Tehehe. We are ALL roosters!

Just kidding!

10. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop

1 person likes this.