What is this chicken?

Quote:
EE is Easter Egger, his tail might not have grown in yet or might have been damaged by other birds.
The color is almost 100% rooster and his saddle feathers also say rooster (the ones hanging offer the side), spurs can take months to grow in, in that picture of Chipmunk he was about a year old and see how little they are.
Thanks
smile.png

Last edited:
Thank you all so very much!
I was hoping for a hen (neighbors will not be happy).
They may make a fuss when he starts crowing.
I really want to keep him. Dang.

Celia

Your boy is young - a cockerel (boy, under a year) who will become a rooster (boy, over a year).

Spurs do not start to really grow until closer to a year. His tail will come in - it is starting I can see it.

EE - Easter Egger - a chicken who carries the blue egg gene and generally (but not always) has a muff, beard, pea comb and slate colored legs. There is no color standard (nor APA or show standards) for EEs, so they come in a rainbow of colors.

He will start to crow - the strangled noise you heard this morning was probably a practice.

welcome-byc.gif
and Thanks for taking him in.

Last edited:
Quote:
ditto to all of the above
wink.png

have fun if you get to keep him
has he got a name yet?

Luke.
edited because i cant spell my name
idunno.gif

Last edited:
We call him JC (Just Chicken). We cant have roosters here. I have found a home for him up north. Nice guy, even has Emus! LOL! We are getting a 10+week old black copper MaranXArucana.
I will miss this guy!

Back
Top Bottom