What is this coming from my chicken?

atuna

In the Brooder
Oct 19, 2021
AFB16B46-276B-4F32-B44D-B48A2E79005B.jpeg

What is this? Went out to check on my hens before night & noticed this coming from one of them. Any info on what’s happening?

Attachments

• D144B950-4AF6-4767-87C4-539FEAC4AF63.jpeg
    D144B950-4AF6-4767-87C4-539FEAC4AF63.jpeg
    639 KB · Views: 2
I believe that is a broken egg. I don’t see a shell. It almost looks like a soft shell but has torn. Feel around her belly gently and see if you feel any of the shell. I have never dealt with this personally so I’m not sure what route to take. I’m not sure if it resolves itself. But that’s what it looks like at least. Good luck.

I believe that is a broken egg. I don’t see a shell. It almost looks like a soft shell but has torn. Feel around her belly gently and see if you feel any of the shell. I have never dealt with this personally so I’m not sure what route to take. I’m not sure if it resolves itself. But that’s what it looks like at least. Good luck.
Wow, never seen such a thing but yes believe it was a soft shell or shell less egg. My first hens so never even thought that possible. Thanks I was worried for her, but she passed it. So, now I’ll just keep an eye on her.

Looks alittle bit like a lash egg, which may mean she has a infection in her reproductive tract.
Oh no, do you know how to treat those? Any like home remedies I could start before I could get to the store and get antibiotics or something. Thank you for helping me with this.

Back
Top Bottom