What is this job called?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Campine Lover, Jun 3, 2010.

  1. Campine Lover

    Campine Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

    Mar 7, 2010
    Moss Beach, CA
    If I want to work with wild cats, or any exotic animals, what would that job be called? Biologist? Specialist? Ecologist? What else? Zoolist? I wouldn't just want to be in zoos, I want to go places in the wild. What would that be called?
  2. TwistedSerpent

    TwistedSerpent Chillin' With My Peeps

    Apr 28, 2010
    Depends on what exactly you wanted to do, what your describing is pretty broad. Captive husbandry (like zoos) usually are lumped under the term zoologist or zoo keeper, vet studies in both wild and captive, conservation work, photography, field study, protection, and so on. Sometimes at least until you narrow down what you want to focus on its enough explination just saying you want to work with big cats.
  3. 19Dawn76

    19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

    Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    Animal behaviorist?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by