What is this little coronation sussex??

k2chickens

Songster
10 Years
Apr 22, 2009
New Castle, Indiana
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3-iCE3QqLY

I'm
having a hard time trying to figure out if the little coronation in this video is a roo or a pullet. He was sold to me as a roo, but i just don't know now. I'm not exactly sure on his age, "i can figure it out here soon" but i still am leaning towards roo...but someday's i wonder. The video is bad quality so i apologize for that. I'm new to the youtube thing. Also if anyone can tell me how i can make it to where no one can embed my videos but me then that would be great. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The sussex you had the red arrow on is a rooster. He isn't a full coronation might be split for lavender...
It looks like you have a pair in the coronation color and a pair in the regular light ( columbian ) color..

Chris

Quote:
the read arrow means nothing, only apologizing for the shakiness of the camera. I know for a fact i have a light sussex pair, and i know i have one obvious Coronation rooster. It's just the smaller coro im confused about. At about 2 month's i had the coro with some week old chicks in a brooder and it would always sit down and holds it's wings out so the baby chicks could crawl underneath for warmth. It was the craiziests thing! I even thought that would be weird for a confirmed pullet at that age....but for supposable rooster i had bought..."especially being a rare breed" it was just plain nut's! I still need some more opinions guy's!
smile.png

At 27 seconds into the video your Coronation and Light Sussex roo's are on the left and Coronation and Light sussex hens on the right. Definitive. 2 roos, 2 hens. No question about it.

Back
Top Bottom