What is this?! Massive lump...

Floboroo

Hatching
Mar 29, 2019
I have had chickens my whole life and have never seen something quite as extreme as this; it has happened I assume over a couple of days. Chicken has laid an egg today but cannot physically drink or eat. Tongue is hanging out completely and throat is closed up with this mass.
29C1EC0B-2638-4AFA-A270-A0C8B9EC2DEA.jpeg
3C3637C0-0598-4F0F-AD8B-DE6DC992E62A.jpeg

Holy guacamole! I've never seen anything like it... It's gotta be something like an abscess or something, or fluid leaking into something or a severe and concentrated allergic reaction. Tumors don't grow that fast. I don't even know how you'd get medication into the chicken to treat it even if you COULD ID it.

This is a vet required issue if I've EVER seen one. If it doesn't go down in the next 24 hours and you can't see a vet you may wanna consider putting the chicken down. If it can't eat it'll starve.

Oh my goodness. Is it squishy/hard? Was she attacked? Looks like a prolapse of sorts. X2 what ChocolateMouse said. I'd take her to a vet immediately or put her down.

She’s not my chook - they got her a couple of days ago and this has come up since then. Very strange but I will pass on. It’s like a firm squidge if that makes sense? Can’t be pushed back into the throat.

Back
Top Bottom