What is this on this egg?

I feed them All flock, because I have roosters too. I give oyster shells and grit free chioce. I treat with meal worms , black soldier fly larve and vegtables somedays.

are you putting down diatomaceous earth?

regardless...you’re fine. my grandpa had 1200 chickens to sell eggs to hatcheries...and i doubt he would have thought twice about that egg.

we burned down the 100 year old chicken coop 5 years ago...it was rotted out...but ironically it broke every rule and worked. it was 35x100ft. it had way less open air than recommended, no actual door to the run, nesting boxes at same level as roosts, 1” roosts, open water tub that got debris in it, 100 individual nesting boxes that weren’t community style and facing daylight plus breeze and no bedding at all...and it worked...but an auto door, contained water, community back rollout nesting boxes, deep self composting bedding, and 2x4 roosts at the ceiling...works better. ;)

Not sure what it is...hard to say without touching it.
Could be urates, membrane, excessive bloom or calcium.
Does it wash off with running water and some rubbing?
Not sure if I'd incubate, but might be OK.
Does it happen all the time or is it a one off glitch.

I want to say it looks fine to incubate. These things happen. It’s hard to tell but I want to say those are calcium deposits. That’s nothing to be worried about in the least.

regardless...you’re fine. my grandpa had 1200 chickens to sell eggs to hatcheries...and i doubt he would have thought twice about that egg.

we burned down the 100 year old chicken coop 5 years ago...it was rotted out...but ironically it broke every rule and worked. it was 35x100ft. it had way less open air than recommended, no actual door to the run, nesting boxes at same level as roosts, 1” roosts, open water tub that got debris in it, 100 individual nesting boxes that weren’t community style and facing daylight plus breeze and no bedding at all...and it worked...but an auto door, contained water, community back rollout nesting boxes, deep self composting bedding, and 2x4 roosts at the ceiling...works better. ;)
In not sure how DE and an old coop are relevant here. Did you post this in the wrong thread?

I use zeolite and 1st Saturday Lime

Back
Top Bottom